Comment on page
Downgrading To Shopify's Free GA4 Connector
On November 20th, 2023, Fueled is sunsetting its free GA4 Connector. For merchants not interested in upgrading to "Fueled Starter" ($17/month), please follow these steps to turn off Fueled and migrate to Shopify's free GA4 integration.
Downgrading from Fueled to Shopify's built-in GA4 integration takes less than 5 minutes. Simply:
- Uninstall the Fueled App.
- This will automatically remove all Fueled code in your theme, as well as our server-side integration.
- Select your GA4 property to connect to Shopify's built-in tracker.
Shopify's built-in GA4 integration provides adequate event coverage for most Shopify merchants.
Shopify's integration tracks the following event types:
The key differences between Shopify's free integration and Fueled's Starter Plan, are:
- Fueled provides server-side tracking of two of the most critical GA4 events:
- Fueled tracks offline purchase events, such as point-of-sale purchases and subscription re-billing events.
- Fueled provides configuration options for selecting the
transaction_idparameters sent to GA4
- On Fueled's "Standard" and "Advanced" plans, merchants can also take advantage of our Google Ads remarketing and conversion event integrations.